Tuesday, March 27, 2012

You will be missed, Pa :(

26 March 2012: Wow. Today has been an emotionally draining day for me. My mom called me early the morning to announce that my Pa Faan is really sick and she needed someone to bring my dad to the hospital. I had this feeling that I had to go too - so I left work, fetched my dad at his work, and went straight to the hospital. I needed to go to the bathroom really badly when we got there and in a way it was a blessing... you'll understand why soon. By the time I got to the ward where my Pa was lying he had just gone. He left as soon as he saw my dad. The exact same thing happened with Ma Sally when she died many years ago... as soon as my dad arived at the hospital from work, she passed. I went up to him, took his still warm hand and squeezed it, as I reached down to kiss it his body vibrated and he let out a breath of air... his last breath. At that point I thought he was still alive and I got such a fright! But my aunt assured me... no it's okay, it's okay. In some way I feel happy for him... somewhat relieved that his in a much better place - back with Ma Sally. We miss you Pa Faan Cummies <3

No comments:

Post a Comment