Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Proposal <3

21 April 2012: So we were in Olivedale, Randburg (Jozi) for the weekend and apparantly Ricardo had been waiting for the perfect moment to pop the question. We went out for supper with his friends that were getting married the Sunday, and while I was in the bathroom at the restaurant, they were all giving him suggestions on how to do it. So that night, we conveniently got lost... the GPS took us to the middle of nowhere, LOL! Apparantly Ricardo was trying to find a place called Westcliff and wanted to do it there... And little did I know! He just said the GPS must have made a mistake. Anyhoo I had no idea and there I was moaning about being tired and wanting to go sleep *giggles* So he left it and decided to do it the next day (Saturday 21 April)...
 
Saturday morning came, and we were up bright and early for breakfast on the patio outside our garden suite at Twin Waters guest house... we had an amazing view of the river and there is nothing more magical than the sound of water - so calming. After breakfast, we relaxed and spoke for a bit and I noticed Ricardo had an eyelash on his cheek. We do this thing where we take the eyelash, place it on our left hand and make a wish... anyhoo, he told me I could have the wish. So I closed my eyes and this is what I wished - "I wish that Ricardo would just propose to me already!" Seriously, that's what I wished!
 
So Ricardo asked me what I wished for... and clearly I couldn't tell him! He then smiled and said "Maybe I can make your wish come true"... looking back now I think it would have been amazing to tell him the truth and then have him propose right then and there - it was the perfect opportunity! But instead I said - I wish for the same thing I always wish for... happiness.
 
After that, we walked around the garden down by the river and found this section with a cute bench and little garden statues and plants and stuff.. very pretty! And we sat in silence on that bench. All the while I was thinking - I hope there are no spiders here and dammit I need to do my hair and get done so we could go to Gold Reef City and still! Here I had no clue he was about to propose!
 
Next thing I noticed was that his hand was in his pocket... and he kept looking at me expectantly... I had this feeling something was about to happen, and right then and there he went down on one knee and there in front of me was the most precious ring I've ever seen in my life! It was perfect! I saw his lips move but at that moment all I heard was a deafening silence - everything literally went QUIET - I had gotten so shaken up and teary eyed that I didn't even hear him ask the question "Will you marry me?" LOL! After the sound came back he was like... so aren't you going to answer my question? And I was like, "Um- ask me again. I didn't hear you!" Then he laughed and asked again "Will you marry me?" and I freaked out like a girly girl and said "Yes yes yes OMG yes!". After a while of freaking out, I was like, "Okay - put the ring on my finger!" LOL and we hugged and kissed and it was the most emotional moment of my life! You don't know how you will feel until that moment is there and when it happens and it's meant to be, it's beyond amazing. Like nothing I've ever experienced or felt before - just pure elation and excitement for the future and spending the rest of our lives together <3 Mr & Mrs Harvey... soon soon (^^,)

No comments:

Post a Comment