Monday, August 15, 2011

Get down (said in an Arnie Swartzinator accent) ~ that's what he said

13 August 2011: After the baby shower, I went to Harvey's house. He hosted a movie marathon/ braai day and him and his buddies were watching all four Terminator movies. Omiword, I laughed so hard! There were some silly scenes in there and it was just funny to hear all the comments the guys were making. This is also where I learned the "That's what he said/ she said" game. Basically, if someone says something that has a sexual connotation, someone would either say "That's what he said" or "That's what she said". For example, being oblivious as I was (not knowing the game at this point), I asked Harvey if that was his TV, followed by: "It looks so small"... then Harvey retorted "That's what she said!" and everyone burst out laughing. At that point I felt so clueless, but eventually, Harvey explained it to me and ever since then I've been seeing the sexual innuendo in almost everything anyone says. There's been phrases such as "Make it fit", "No I came first and then he came", "She had a little accident", "I don't like the taste of Grandpa" - you get the idea. I'm a little scared to introduce this game to the dev team where I work... it might turn into something nasty... and I've already been called "Lady Guy-Guy" because I'm one of the guys. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment