Thursday, December 8, 2011

The good samaratin

05 December 2011: Okay so I popped in at V&A Waterfront this evening to print some photos at the print shop but as I left, I realized I didn't have any cash on me for parking. Luckily there's an ATM vestibule at the bottom where you pay for parking so I went to the ABSA, inserted my card into the machine and voila! My card disappears. Frantically trying to cancel but no avail! How could the machine just swallow my card, I didn't even perform any transaction yet?!
 
Anyhoo, the girl using the Nedback ATM next to me saw my troubles and told me she had the same issue but she pulled out her card before the machine could swallow it. She told me to call the Lost/ Stop Card number but then low and behold, I had no battery power on my BlackBerry... things seemed to be spiralling downwards for me. She then offered to let me use her phone. So I called and had my card stopped.
 
Okay so that was out of they way, but how on earth do I sort the dilemma of having no money for parking? Am I really going to loaf money at the Waterfront? The girl's friend asked me if I am okay and if I need anything else - I told her I have no cash for my parking ticket... and guess what, she gave me R50 and told me it was all she had! I was so overwhelmed I didn't even think to take down their details so I could say thanks for their random act of kindness! But thank goodness she gave me that R50, now at least I can also use the change to put in a little petrol seen as my tank was also on empty. What a night!

So yeah, lots of drama, but you know what, at least now I get a new card from ABSA and I get to be part of a new age Good Samaratin story :) I truly am a lucky girl. The pic above is all the documents I'm supposed to bring with me tomorrow so I can get a new bank card. Let's hope it all works out tomorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment