Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Impromptu gig with JJB at The Hollywood Club

16 December 2011: Okay so today is a public holiday (thank goodness) but I slept till after 1pm, can you believe it! Anyhoo, I got woken up by the sound of my BBM - it was JP - drummer for Jesse Jordan Band and he was in a panic. Apparantly Jesse had laryngitis and they had a huge gig at The Hollywood Club that night and they urgently needed my help. Of course I was keen to help! It's an honour to perform on stage with one of the most epic bands in South Africa! :D So I headed off the the club to meet JP and Hein to go through the setlist and see which songs I could possibly help out with. I was stressed out - had to learn the lyrics of about 6 songs in 3 hours! But they decided to get a sheet music stand and have the lyrics printed out, so phew! After the meeting, I rushed home to get done and head back to the club and hung out with the band in our own secluded booth - so awesome "I'm with the band" - literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment